Money is never really ‘free’. There’s always some kind of cost. If you want to save money, then you need to be willing to look at what you’re spending.
Here are 5 tips to help you get started:
1. Make a list of your monthly expenses. Include all of your bills, recurring payments, and everything else you spend money on. This will help you see where your money goes, and if you can cut back on any of it.
2. Start making a weekly list of your food expenses. If you have a lunch break, make a note of what you eat and how much it costs. Then calculate how much you spend on food per week. Try to find ways to cut back.
3. Take a look at your clothing expenses. If you wear the same outfit every day, try to find a new pair of shoes or a different coat to change it up.
4. Start a budget for entertainment. Have you ever looked at the prices of tickets for your favourite band? You might be surprised at how expensive they are. It could even be worth cutting back on things like going out to eat, or seeing a movie instead.
5. Find out what’s driving your car expenses. If you drive a gas guzzler, try switching to a more fuel efficient model.
Thanks for reading!